This week in our office we have been discussing how much - or how little - water we each drink every day. Yes, we fuel up on teas and coffees but are we really getting enough water into our bodies? Drinking water helps our health in so many different ways so we have made it our mission to get our office drinking more. Check out some of our new favourite tips after the jump.
1. Get a water buddy. When we're at our desks, we often take turns making teas and coffess for everyone in the office. Now, we're trying to take turns getting each other glasses of water at least once a day. Sometimes when we're working or concentrating hard on something, we forget to stop, take a break and drink some water. Having someone offer you some can be a nice reminder.
2. Fill up a glass of water and leave it at your desk. Every time you send an email or hang up a phone call, take a sip! Those sips will soon add up to a few glasses of water a day.
3. Drink a glass of water before you eat a biscuit or a treat at work - it might even kill your craving for sweets.
4. Take a sip of water every time you have to get up from your desk at work. Keeping hydrated at work will actaully make your day more efficient. Our concentration levels fall quickly when we get dehyrated.
5. If you don't like to drink water or think it's boring, add some chopped fruit to it to make it into something different. We love to add lemons, limes and pomegranate seeds to our drinks.
6. If you make a daily 'to-do' list at work or at home, put 'drink water' on the top of it. It might sound silly, but at least when you take sips throughout the day you know you're making your way down your list.
7. Water doesn't have to be boring - SodaStream makes water exciting! Get your SodaStream out and fizz up your water for a refreshing change throughout the day. It will make drinking water more fun and your office more entertaining!